Wednesday, July 18, 2012

2012-2013 Curriculum: Heart of Dakota

Last year, as I began our first year of homeschooling, choosing the curriculum was one of the hardest and most nerve-wracking decisions I've ever made.  I spent many hours on the internet reading reviews, had many discussions with other parents, asked my teaching sisters for their opinions, and prayed, and prayed.  I finally chose our curriculum, and it worked great for us...but it required a lot of planning on my part.  So with my busy family in mind, I began looking for something different for Old Crow's 1st grade year.

I wanted something Christ-centered and literature-based with a unit approach.  And something with a complete teacher guide!  I wasn't sure if I would find the right one!!  Then one night I was reading a question posted on The Old Schoolhouse Magazine's Facebook page about this very thing...the overwhelming response and suggestion was Heart of Dakota Publishing. I had never heard of this curriculum before, but the more I read and researched, the more I was drawn to this program.  



Ordering Old Crow's program, Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, was the easiest choice I've made since beginning our homeschool journey.  When our package came in the mail, everyone was so excited to open it up!  


Memphis Belle was so excited to see a book with a dog on the cover.  She gave it kisses!!






Old Crow looked through the books and found his Early Reader's Bible.  He also loved seeing Mr. Popper's Penguins.




Crazy Horse also enjoyed looking through the books...especially the silly penguins on the cover of Mr. Popper's Penguins.



I have high hopes for our upcoming year and can't wait to see how Old Crow matures in his learning with Heart of Dakota.  Crazy Horse and Memphis Belle will return to half-day church preschool, and I look forward to seeing them grow and develop both at home and church.  :)

In His Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment